Thursday, January 7, 2010

apologies

The skeletal remains of slaves have been found from like the 1600's. Scientists have run the requisite exams and found that some of the bones were crushed by the enormous weight the slaves were forced to carry. This entry isn't about slavery and whether it was right or wrong. It was wrong by the way. No, this is about the titanic weight we carry on our souls or conscience. We all have regrets that we live with. We never confront these regrets and they add up. It gets me wondering, what could our souls tell us if they were subjected to the scientific tests that bones are? Would they show fractures from the weight of our regrets? Mine would probably be flat. So if feels good to tell someone sorry once in a while. No, not the sorry you say for blowing your wife off so you can watch a rerun of Everybody loves Raymond. Even though that episode was awsome, when Marie is taking care of Deborah and....sorry. Anywho, you have to mean the apology. Therefore, the situation you are apologizing for must be something that is weighing heavily on your soul. Then you truly feel a weight lifting. Growing up, I was a jerk. According to some people I love, I still am. But I apologize. Recently I apologized for a big mistake. I won't mention which one so as not to breach the trust of the person to who I apologized. But I feel better. So, if I have offended anyone, I am truly sorry. Adrian, I am sorry I called you an asshole. You probably don't even remember. Clemente, I am sorry I kicked your ass when you were in middle school. In all fairness, you did throw a dart in my back.....on second thought I take that one back....lol. Tiff, I am sorry for laughing when Clemente called you a fatty fatty two by four, whatever that means. Ray, I am sorry for yelling at you when you copied my picture, I should have embraced the idea you were paying me a compliment. Mom, I am sorry for...well just about everything. Turi, I am sorry for not kicking Javi's ass when he really deserved it for leading you on....that little skinny son of a ...sorry. Slimer, I am sorry you were so scared of me, why I don't know. Carlos, I am sorry about making fun of your mother, she really is a saint. Stop making her say milk in English you prick. Calcaneo, I am sorry I never said anything to you when your father passed. I was afraid to put my foot in my mouth. Robert, I am sorry for constantly telling you your mom is hot...I haven't seen her lately. Damn, this is taking longer that I thought. Well, sorry to all and I guess I will keep apologizing until the weight is lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment